Tuesday 17 February 2015

Winter Road - Day 4

With the baby quilt ready for quilting, I finally turned back to the road. How appropriate to work on winter while our outside temperatures sit around -10c to -26c plus the wind chill.
But when the sun shines...our country is simply spectacular.

I was unsure where I was going with this small piece. The original photo is ethereal with horizons barely there. I didn't think I could go anywhere near that, but I hadn't really planned on stitching every sq cm of this piece. But that's what I'm doing.
This is one time when " more is more" and as I keep adding thread, the scene has started to take on life.
That makes it much easier to work on. this is a very time consuming activity. But the foreground is all but finished and the distant hills are taking shape too.
2 days maybe?.. and this will be finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment