Friday 6 February 2015

Spring

Girl can't think spring too soon, (even thought its snowing outside my window right now!)

Went to work on the Chickadee hanging in these branches. I liked the presentation of the bird in the photo, but I wanted it a tad bigger. It's always fun to haul out the pencils. I don't do it enough.

 
 I had to go back to the internet to check on the colours. They really come in a great variety.

 
 This picture was drawn on a stabilizer and then hooped. The first pass was with pure black.

 
 Then the darkest Grey followed by a lighter grey.

 
 Beige for the feathers, but under the colour at the rump is a section of ruddy brown. And finish with the white.

 
Finally positioned on the background. Legs and a beak will be added when I anchor it. But first, this needs a lot more leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment