Tuesday 27 January 2015

Kicking Horse - Day 7

Yesterday this piece became a whole different ball game.
It was mounted on canvas and.... I decided the base was wrong and swapped it out for a lighter texture.
I tried to lighten the darker base with paint and crayon but I quickly realized it would be easier the other way. Nothing was stitched down so it was an easy swap.



This colour is more in keeping with the dying vegetation on the ground. And to tweak it a bit more I cover the whole thing with my dyed gauze.


Today I finished the section encompassing the photo transfer.


The section where the trees cross over has had a first pass with ink and thread, the left side with a shrub willow and the bottom with more leaves and grass.

And I took the plunge and finished the trunks on the evergreens and placed both Poplar trees.


OMG I'm almost done?
 Maybe another 2 days. Lost of fiddly stuff yet and lots of leaves to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment