Wednesday 31 December 2014

Last Day of the Year - Good Bye 2014

It's been a full year for this blog format. I've enjoyed it very much. And strangely enough, the topic I started with is the same one I'm working on now. TREES. My weak spot, but I guess it's also become my area of expertise.
I've tried many different approaches and I'm sure my work will continue to evolve. I learn from looking at the techniques of others and I offer those new insights to all when they view my work. I'm sure there are lots who will surpass their "master".

I have 3 goals for this new year.
  • master water - I've done a few different approaches but I'm still not confident.
  • master light - Adding this dimension will bring more reality into flat work.
  • use more mediums - I've dabbled in some 3D work but I'd like to put in more embellishment.
I'm entering two challenges this year. One for my local quilt show and the other for the national CQA. Each stipulate fabric to be included and a theme. These take a remarkable amount of brain cycles to decide on how to interpret the theme. Trust me I've rejected many. I went so far as to get permission to use a copy righted image and have since decided not to use it for this event. ( I'll save it for later.)
Right now, I want to get this unfinished piece out of the way. It's been more difficult than I first imagined and I can't really decide why. It is coming together very nicely but I guess I wasn't really as excited about it as I thought. One or two more days should complete it.
 
So back to TREES.
This was the original image and this is where I am now.
Still a long way to go.
 
So tomorrow is a New Year.
I hope it finds all my friends and followers healthy, happy and safe where ever you live.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment