Monday 15 December 2014

10 Days till Christmas - Need a gift

Motherhood pays off sometimes in spades. This Christmas will be the first time in 10 years that my whole immediate family will be together. (Be still my Heart). My two boys and my husband's daughter and son in law.
We've managed bits and pieces over the years, but with the work schedules of these young people it has never been possible to get everyone together in the same place at the same time!

BUT doubly fun, My youngest has not been home for Christmas eve proper in 5 years.
Seeing as his older brother is getting his Red Rock canyon piece...DA DAAA!..............

 
 I thought it was only fitting I construct something for my younger. I seem to be favouring Fox this year. (I'm "Bear-ed out" right now.) I found this little guy and he went together easily.
The only portion that is heavily thread painted is his face and tail. I think My "baby" will enjoy this little guy.!
 
 This is raw applique work and not fastened with fusible web. This encourages the edges to fray adding to the furry look!
 
The quilting on the background is simple leaves. Almost perfect camouflage.!

No comments:

Post a Comment