Tuesday 30 December 2014

Back to Work

I felt like such a sloth today, actually all week. Had a great Christmas with grown children, but I was dismayed at how tired I was at the end, after everyone went home. Am I getting old??? How did my mother do it?
(Hubby says I get over stimulated and can't sleep. LOL) Can't sleep is the operative. Monkey mind city in my head. But I finally had 3 blessed nights of 8 hours of sleep AND I played sloth on the couch in the afternoons and watched old movies. Heaven.
 
But I kept thinking about getting back to sewing, turning things over in my mind.
Then this morning I received email from my sister reporting my final Takakkaw Falls piece had sold. It had been the biggest, and it sat there a year, waiting for the right person. They always come along. I've learned to be patient. roughly 24x36 (January -2014 Takakkaw Falls Version 2)
 

So that's the push I needed. Down to the studio. (Drat I have to clean up fist. Everyone used my table space to wrap Christmas presents.) Think I'll finish what I started the other day. I'll show you when its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment