Wednesday 23 July 2014

Grizzly Bear - Day 5

This delay has been very frustrating for me. Much as I love company and visiting and doing the Tourist thing, the bear has been at the back of my mind all this time.
But here are my step son and his lovely wife at NIAGARA FALLS. He's a born and bred Ontarian boy so this was nothing new but his wife is Swiss and had heard about the falls all her life.  That was kind of exciting to take her there.



But the BEAR..................  Actually going to the falls helped me decide between grasslands or water.
Water won.

I decided on a rather impressionist approach, not my own invention but a method I had seen several times before. Thin strips of fabric to suggest colour and depth. (And then I went to the store to add to my stash!).
And as my bear is standing in water I had to anchor his feet as I proceeded. And of course he casts a shadow.

 
The area between his legs was assembled separately, and after his feet were anchored it was a bit of a todo to keep him out of the way as I worked on the background.

 
Finally after I moved a few inches above his wet ankles it was again an easy job. About every 3 inches I stop, and lay an metre stick across to keep both sides even.
This is a good place from me to stop for the evening as I decide whether to put a sandbar in the river with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment