Saturday 14 September 2019

XMAS (Don't hit me!)

Another Grand for my sister and a request for the Christmas Stocking.
My mother started this and it has spread through the generations but I think we've hit a road block.
No one under 30? in my family knits.

If you're game the pattern link is at the bottom.

Mom made the originals in wool. Back in the 50's I don't think anything nice was available in other fibres. The wool yellowed over time and she replace the orginals (4) in acrylic.
But try to find an acrylic in the right weight in 'nice' Christmas colours. So this one is much larger than the original. More Santa loot?



Once you get past the Fair Isle work it goes very quickly.


If I remember rightly, the last few I've knit have been bigger. (Those electronics come in big boxes.)


The pattern is a little vague in spots but it's a standard sock pattern.


Christmas Stocking


No comments:

Post a Comment