Saturday 21 September 2019

A Little More Painting

I didn't paint all the material I had prepped yesterday. It got too hot and the paint was drying too fast. This morning I had also planned to set some Eco-dying to boil. Yesterday evening I soaked and dried the cottons in milk (for animal protein).
I had collected some local materials the day before, Standard fare, golden rod, walnut leaves, (I already have the nuts), sumac berries and some rose hips.
The rose hips are really for planting later this fall but I had read they would add a rose tint, so into the mix they went.
Four tightly rolled and wrapped FQ  went into the pot boiling water with Alum. I let it work until I finished my mornings painting. I learned my lesson last year and now that pot will sit undisturbed until next weekend.


I had two more pieces of white fabric I wanted to paint this morning. One predominately red and the other a mix of red and green. That one got a little sun printing as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment