Thursday 5 September 2019

Quilting Someone Else's ART

It's one thing to finish a bed quilt for someone. They generally know what they want and the actual quilting is seldom the star.
An Art Quilt can be different.
A member of my SAQA pod passed over her hand painted, silk screened panel she had birthed at a class. She was delighted with it but was at a loss as to where to go now.

In some ways, someone who does know what they want can be more difficult than someone who only knows  what they don't like. But we made it through. Progress photos were e-mailed daily. Some things were discussed and left, others were changed.
In the end was my decision that left the work off square rather than damage the motifs.

I hope my friend Diane will be pleased with how I've finished her work.


No comments:

Post a Comment