Saturday 6 July 2019

Leaves for the Background

While I do like the empty, woven piece I'm fixated on leaves. I've tried a few things but I haven't been happy.

I sat down a few days ago and wove a piece about 6"x8" and the cut the leaves from that.
They disappeared into the background more than I had hoped so on a whim I backed them with a contrasting felt.



This I like, so far.


Another afternoon I worked up some different colours combinations. It will take me another day to finish this. 



3 comments:

  1. Love the new looks and possibilities.
    Especially the last weave with more reds.
    Then, I keep thinking .... oh no! she got rid of her loom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry (too bad I wouldn't remember to proofread before I hit 'publish'!!)....anyway....as I was saying....interesting concept. The felt-backed leaves almost look ghost-like.

    ReplyDelete