Friday 26 July 2019

Inking the Lino cuts

I've been frustrated in trying to ink the blocks I cut. I decided the paint was too slick so I made a quick trip into the city and bought some 'proper' ink for both paper and cloth. This foray into a new art form is starting to get rather expensive. (I've commissioned hubby to scour Amazon for better prices.)

But even though I'm not 100% happy I was pleased with what I managed to produce this afternoon.
And it was nice to finally print/see my new blocks.

The first few are on paper.
good clean print.....finally

double exposure

The last two are printed on cloth.

The tree is printed on one of my precious walnut/rust pieces left over from this last winter.
SOOOOO many questions yet.

on pima cotton
hand dyed walnut fabric





1 comment:

  1. I'd say you're doing well with your experiments. I especially like the teasel prints (at least I think they're teasels, maybe they're some other plant!!).

    ReplyDelete