Friday 1 March 2019

Northern Lights

I've long thought about fashioning a piece with the Northern lights. It's a nice change from an ordinary sky and it's a means of adding colour and interest.

I have tried an number of things over the years, but they just haven't done it for me. A few Inukshuk (2014) left me baffled and disappointed


I started having some interesting results last year with paint but the weather just discouraged a lot of work so I let it go.



After a face book photo showed up with a picture of the 'Dragon" in the Northern lights over China I knew it was time. I decided to try abstract.


Deceptively easy, it really depends on your fabric. I'm getting low on this intensity of colour but I used what I had.
This is quite small, about 18" sq. so I finished everything with Satin stitch.


Now what to place on the ground beneath the sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment