Wednesday 20 March 2019

March is Truly the Cruelest Month

Well it's Wednesday, The first day of Spring.


I spent the last 3 days rescuing my workspace ....AGAIN.😟
I woke early Sunday morning to the sound of running water. Never a good thing. It wasn't the dishwasher (it's leaked twice) but the water heater that had finally given way. I had suggested replacing it many many months ago when it started leaking but hubby's philosophy was 'it ain't broke so don't fix it' 😠

He has been on the receiving end of many a dark glare and sharp words these last few days as I scrambled again to lift and rescue my materials.
However, he humbly scouted for a replacement and it was installed yesterday. (Great, another appliance I'll never trust again.)

Why the builders placed the floor drain at the highest point of the basement floor....?

After using every mop and towel in the house (the shop-vac is still buried by the snow blower) and running the furnace fan and dehumidifier for three days now, I felt confident I could put things back.
Needless to say, I'm tired and cranky.
Some day I'll get back to my fabric.

Everything including the floor was picked up or moved onto any available surface.






Finally everything is back in it's place (plus a little more purging)



😅

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - I imagine hubby will be eating humble pie for awhile! I hope he helped with the clean up AND methinks he should be taking you out to dinner (more than once!!).

    ReplyDelete