Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Tying up Loose Ends

Now that my initial panic re "the SHOW' has passed I can get back to what still needs to be done.

I'm still hoping to work the seascape in the next few days, but before that I wanted to finish the cardinal pair.

I trimmed most of the bulk of the green buds away, I went with a formal finish.
After micro quilting the entire piece ( that only took a day ) I decided to give it a formal finish, ie a "white mat and black frame" finish. It's the only piece in this current collection finished this way.


Different edge finishes are okay. You chose them according to what you think the piece needs. The white bands highlights the pastel nature of the cloth and the softness of the bird colour. Yes the red is RED, but the female colours mute the whole.
So this guy is ready to go.

I'll have to spend a day inspecting all as I realized I haven't signed most of them.
Or applied labels........