Sunday 9 March 2014

Crimson Stars

I just finished piecing this queen (90insq) sized quilt this afternoon.
It sat as a UFO for about a month while I decide what I really wanted. This was originally a pattern for a throw. I really liked the pattern but not a throw so doing the math I increased it to a Queen. Or so I thought. I was short one fabric. It was reordered.

As unpatriotic (and unsupportive of my local fabric stores as it sounds), I order 90% of my fabric from the states. I cannot pay $12 -$20 a yard to make quilts. This one cost me no more than $150 in materials, batting and backing included.
I could rant about the import duties in this country but this is not the forum.

But I fell in love with this piece as soon as I saw it.

So I don't have a repeat of the last disaster, I shall refrain from even mounting it on my Long arm until I'm absolutely sure how I want to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment