Thursday 20 March 2014

Back to the Crimson Stars

I'm back on the daily roster after my winter vacation and had to work yesterday. Bummer! I had just finished loading the quilt and was anxious to get started.
I wasn't sure about the quilting motif and until I decide and see a sample on the quilt it is a very unsettled time for me. A lot of sleepless moments.
So in the last few minutes before supper the other day I dove in.

The stitching is for the most part white on white so its difficult to photograph. The red stars will all be outlined simply and the remaining background is a mimic of the pattern of the white on white material, a series of swirls and loops and curls. This is not a continuous pattern because I need to move in and around the different sized stars. Having the "motifs" discrete means they vary in their travel length. That certainly makes them manageable and give me nice breaks.

So here is what I have so far. I can only work a few hours today and then I'm off to work for the afternoon.  (This certainly slows my progress...but pays for my craft)

 
This is the basic pattern, but my quilt is 6 stars by six stars, 95 inches sq.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment