Sunday 16 March 2014

Morning at the Grain Elevator

This morning I chose and finished the bottom of the hanging with a wheat grass fabric. Essentially the construction is complete.
I want to add some vehicle tracks that travel up to the loading dock. That's going to take some trial and error work with paper patterns. In the stain glass piece the road is a solid feature. When I look at pictures taken of the elevators the road is usually a dirt track. This is particularly so if the elevator is isolated by a rail line.
And what colour is the dirt?
Hopefully I'll have made my choices and will add it to this post today.

 
 
3:00 pm.........We went out and did some shopping and I stared at the ground just poking through the snow in a few farmer's fields. Wet ground is not reliable.
I called up a Soil Survey for Saskatchewan and they said brown. So the ruts for the road are brown. I really don't know why I worry these things as, in this case, most of it will be hidden.
 
At this point, too, I start paying attention to the finished shape and size. I need the full height, but I will chop some of the bottom and the left side. Always over build your pieces so you can crop later.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment