Wednesday 3 February 2021

Where did January Go?

I was barely aware I hadn't posted in almost 3 weeks. Though it feels like I've been totally nonproductive....I also feel like I haven't stopped the whole time.

The biggest change is the Christmas present my husband assembled thanks to 300 parcels from AMAZON. (I swear all the drivers know my first name.!)

I am now the proud owner of a video studio.

And now I'm struggling to come up to speed with it. 

The self-consciousness of talking to the ether, fine tuning the camera positions and using the full field of vision..........

Hubby and I are still talking to one another.... and I am learning.

Editing was the second big hurdle, and while I appreciate the gesture when my sons tell me that "it's so simple even kids do it...."....it doesn't really salve the frustration levels.

After planning scenes and retakes, editing and slicing sections, labeling and sound over work as well as speed manipulation.........There were days I would walk away with very little to show. And days I would just walk away.

Our, MY last hurdle here is getting it out to you. A lot of instructions are not intuitive and for someone who only works with very basic programs. I have to be able to articulate my problem before I ask for assistance.

Easier said than done.

One of the upshots of all this was I ended up making over 3 doz masks of this different pattern.


I donated the first batch, (made during the step by step recordings). Even that was a bit of an issue. I found a lot of 'organized and recognized' groups are under advisement not to accept any more handmade masks for redistribution to clients. 

Then my son's girlfriend put in a request for another doz for her work mates. (Funny how much faster those went together when I didn't have to stop and set up a scene to be filmed.)

And one of the last and so far easiest recording session came when I made a hat. Another sewer from Eastern Europe had posted this process on line. So I used it as my latest effort.



As there was an editing disaster with it......I'll have to redo that (have to source some more polar fleece)

So I hope to start publishing links here in this blog sometime........ this month. 

In the meantime.....back to the studio. 😊

(Did I also mention my step daughter is working on a web page for me?.......)

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! Keep on going with your studio! Cant wait to see your videos. The learning curve is awful but it is worth it in the end. Yay to everyone in the family helping to make your dream a reality. We need you so thank you for expanding the way you share your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning as fast as I can! LOL
    Things take so much longer to sink in.
    Thank you so much for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent news - but it is not as if you seem to ever lack for something to do . . .

    ReplyDelete