Sunday 21 February 2021

It's not Finished Until It Is - Finishing the Reflection

Early January as an exercise, I made a small landscape, a reflection using some newly dyed material.

I bound it and put it aside, but in the back of my head I knew it wasn't finished.  

While I stitched the water. the upper half................I was uncertain.

I found the creature I wanted to add. It seemed to fit the mood.



I had added a crow before and the intensity of the black really finished the piece. So this guy was my next 'focal point'.

This is thread painting again but a slightly different approach. That much black needed a little help so instead of transferring the image to interfacing, I traced it onto a piece of batik. Easier said than done. I needed my light box to see.


Traced onto 'Golden Paper'


Onto the fabric using the light box


Hooped with netting behind


Outlined with stitch

And the initial feather stitching laid down.
This guy is going to have some purple highlights and probably some embroidery thread to help it shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment