Thursday 14 May 2020

Walk in the Woods - Starting over

This has hardly been ............ a Walk in the Woods.

While I really enjoyed making all those blocks I've come to realize they aren't meant for this project.
This is a lap quilt and I want a softer approach.

I really really like some of the blocks but not here.


I pulled a lot of material out of drawers and cupboards this morning. I pinned a lot to the wall and decided I was wrong on two counts.


1. I can use raw applique if I go with bigger pieces
and
2. I can use batik................and I seem to have quite a bit of batik.

A few years ago I purchased on line a lot of Fat Quarter samples of full fabric lines. That was when the $ wasn't so depressed. Mixing these lines there are some nice possible transitions


So...

That decided, it was time for a diagram.


This is a lap quilt and the finished size I'm aiming for is roughly 45x60"

Tomorrow I will put away and save the crazy quilt blocks and round up the scraps into their colour bags.

Then I can start over.

1 comment: