Wednesday 13 May 2020

Walk in the Woods - Day 3

Today I answered a lot of questions that I'd left hanging... or rather....... decisions were made in the night....

One of the stumbling blocks was the background. Normally I start with the colour blocking but I wanted to work out some other issues first, the crazy blocks...test runs if you like.

The materials I picked for the background were the pieces of eco dyed cotton I did with Maggie Vanderweit a few summers ago. I also needed some transition blocks, part tree / part background. I made 3 and I'll make more if I need them.




The other step was to take the ten crazy blocks and massage them. With a causal eye to the patterns and colour, they were cut, mixed and resewn and then cut and resew once more. Their size dropped from 8 1/2 to 7 1/2, still very useful. They are still random but they have smaller chunks of colour, more in keeping with the confetti work.


Smaller shots of colours and they transition better.
But we're not done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment