Monday 6 January 2020

The Garden - the Flowers

I'd been thinking about the flowers since I started this piece. Looking for lots of colour I was leaning towards a mix of different flowers. I played around this afternoon with paper cutouts and glue and cloth.....and decided to go with simple Poppies.

They come in so many colours and varieties.

After I played with construction styles, petals sewn or glued together,


I chose a gathered strip of cloth, a line of running stitched to pull up the fabric and a notched a curved cut on the other side.


It sounds straightforward but as I decided to use a fused fabric to add some dimension, it doesn't draw up as nicely or as easily. Here, smaller is better than bigger.




Looks good.
Now to see what other lovely material is hiding in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment