Thursday 30 May 2019

Time to Start something New.

After finishing all my Bears this Spring, I had a lot of false starts. Now I'm ready to begin using an alternative method for the basis of the piece. Having a few quilts to finish for my friends did help to clear the mind and aided in decisions made...
I dove in this afternoon.

It's going to be landscape, with trees in Autumn. Nothing new there but I wanted something different in the way of a background other than solid fabric or colour blocking covered with confetti. So I'm taking my inspiration from this project from last year, a purse I made using a pattern from Yoko Saito.


The body of the design was built from strips, one inch pieces of materiel.


They were run through a bias tape maker, woven together and then fused and stitched to the facing of the purse.
Same method here, but these will be primarily green.




It's also something I can stop and start at anytime.
I'm thinking this will be a big piece...3'x4'?
It will take some time.
After all it is summer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to watching this grow - fun concept for a background, for sure.

    ReplyDelete