Sunday 19 May 2019

Group Challenge - Music

Under Mother's Piano

Back September last, one of my group gave us each, a baggie with 5 pieces of material.
With a little party game we chose the theme Music. The due date was our last meeting, the June meeting, the one coming up.

Like most, I put it away. A year is a long time.
The topic did come up a few times. Some of the group had finished their piece and others, like myself were still 'thinking'.

It was only recently when some of the chaos in my creative life settled, I decided what to do and then I spent a few hours on the internet looking for some drawing guides.


Music was very important in my childhood. It lead me to lessons and I played piano and violin all through High School.
And it began under my Mother's piano.

She was a 'concert pianist' grade and gave it up to marry and teach. But that piano was part of the sound memories of my youth and the hours I spend underneath shaped my tastes to this day.

1 comment:

  1. We had a piano when I was growing up but nobody ever touched it. Not sure why we had it in the first place. When my parents sold their farm and moved into the village, they brought the piano with them and it ended up in the basement - still never touched! Too bad ours hadn't been a lovely fabric version like yours - would have been a whole lot easier to move!

    ReplyDelete