Tuesday 26 February 2019

Samples

Sometimes the samples I make are for my own use.
Translating cloth art to cloth art is usually only a matter of material choices. Translating from a photo or acrylic/oil paintings, and watercolors usually deals with colour blends or light that is harder to reproduce in cloth.

And sometimes I just want to try a piece before I commit to a grander size.

This little art piece caught my eye.


The brilliant light is straightforward, but the misty background is not. In fact my mind tells me that the scene happens as a result of being 'blinded' by the light. Hard to reproduce that effect. This is part of deciding what to throw away, and what to keep.

After a few trials I did use some organza plus netting to dull the background, but it is no where near the illustration.
And while this piece would have done nicely with 'freezer paper', I'm all out.
Oh well, move on.



This is not finished.

A second cropping may be in order.

I'm undecided whether to add a lot of thread painting to the distant trees and the yellow field
But here is what I've spent a few days playing with.
And I can't decide about the little bush in the foreground. I'm more inclined to add some vines to the wire fence......

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment