Thursday 21 February 2019

Prepping for the workshop - Landscape


Now I can begin to think about the workshop.

This is a tad ridiculous as the date is not till September, but the guild wants the outline soon.

Though I've given this same themed workshop before with my friends, I already knew what everyone was interested in and we had agreed to break the contents down into manageable parts. There was no pressure to leave at the end of the day with a 'major' piece.

But my pupils' abilities are an unknown to me. Some will be very accomplished and some beginners.
How to choose a scene for all.
Well I can't, all I can do is suggest.

I spent the last week working on three samples of the same picture, showing different styles (levels of ability?) and different degrees of finishing.
What I'm hoping to do is pass on a few of the tricks I've discovered that makes the work go easier, faster and removes a number tedious and time consuming steps.

This was the simple water colour I based the work on.


The first go through was straight applique. No freezer paper here , just glue stick and pins. Simple finish with satin stitch.


The second paid a little more  attention to the actual material used. It was chosen to make it work for the piece. The finishing was only some thread work and imaginative meandering.


The third and final pieces used both stitching, confetti and hoop work, hopefully adding a realistic touch to the foliage, sky and water.



Think I covered everything? (No animals or birds)
Who ever chooses to take the workshop should be able to see something they would like to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be happy with all three of these! And how I wish I could come and take your class.

    ReplyDelete