Tuesday 31 July 2018

Summer is Half Over

I've been AWOL for a bit with visiting relatives and summer stuff.
And I will probably not post for the next little while as I've found myself backed into a deadline corner that needs attention, now.


Our guild quilt show is 6 weeks from now and I have almost half a queen quilt left to hand quilt, so I need to put that first for now. When it's done, I'll be able to turn my full attentions back to working on.....what I bought.

I invited a neighbour to travel with today. (She was supposed to be the voice of reason.) She ended up buying some luscious wool as well.
We traveled back to Chassagne Farm in Puslinch, just half an hour from my house (too close if you ask me)   www.chassagne.ca


I was so pumped by the finish on both my bears that I wanted to make an immediate jump to the Polar Bear. I had been wrestling with whether to render him in collage or wool. On a whim I contacted the owner of the farm, Carol Precious and yes, she had a few white fleeces. So off we went.

With two raw smelly unwashed glorious fleeces in my possession, I now, reluctantly put them aside until I finish the quilt. I hope sooner than later, to get to these beautiful bags of wool.





No comments:

Post a Comment