Friday 13 July 2018

Summer Afternoon -Day 2

On those days when I'm in and out, I find it hard to shift gears and do a lot of work.

I had thought about a bit of detail last night.
I really liked the diminutive deer I had placed in the Deer Park piece. I liked the way it gave a real sense of size and perspective.
On this piece I didn't want the Deer to stand out,....
just be there, as part of the woods.     

Using freezer paper and the same template as before, I cut out a single Doe in the purple organza and tucked her under a few of the layers of other colours.

How to anchor this?
I decided NOT to stitch around it as it would draw the eye. In the end I placed a hint of a tree over top. The Deer can't go anywhere and it now its part of the forest.
As Deer should be.
Maybe I'll add more.

No comments:

Post a Comment