Sunday 10 December 2017

Otters - What's the Delay?

Indecision.
Even before I had chosen a layout I was wrestling with the 'how'.
Part of me leans toward working with textured fabrics. They can be very effective and I liked the results with deer and bears.


Part of me wants to use the commercial ones I have on hand.


But..... and this is a big BUT....

There was a spark left behind after completing the Fish collage. I knew I wanted to do something like that again, and it keeps raising it's head in my thoughts.
I'm doubting my fabrics.
I'm doubting my ability.
I COULD do a simple paper patterned cut out similar to a derived commercial pattern.
I could do random chunk pieces and work the placements based on colour and tone.
But if I want to do something similar to the Laura Heine's style, I have no suitable fabric.
I'd have to buy from scratch in shades of browns?
Or if I followed some of the other styles and abandoned the true colours of the otters.......
I still have no suitable fabric.
The background is decided but until I solve this conflict.......I can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment