Saturday 9 December 2017

Otters ...for Christmas

After some discussions, back a forth, multiple times, about size and season etc, we concluded that the picture requested (suggested) wasn't going to work. While the otters are adorable (ALL baby animals are adorable) the layout really wouldn't adapt well to the requested horizontal landscape of about 3'x4'.


I spent a number of hours looking on line at otter pictures and vignettes, assuming/hoping  I could simply enlarge a photograph and work from there.
But no.
A lot of detail and proportions, particularly the faces disappear or gets muddied with a simple enlargement because there remain very few clear edges to reference. So I was resigned to drawing these guys from scratch. (I took a few minutes and reviewed some of the 'how to draw' sites available. Just what I needed to refresh my skills.)

So I now have these 3 adorable faces.
(I'm tempted to call them Larry, Moe and Curly.....yuk yuk yuk)




Finished? rough layout. (They're looking rather ferocious after being retraced from my originals!)


No comments:

Post a Comment