Saturday 23 September 2017

Snow Days Flimsy Assembled

I've had to make a list.
I was juggling so much in my head that I wasn't being very efficient ( Oh my mother would shake her finger.)

So first on the list was to assemble this quilt top.
I placed a safety pin in every location that needs some additional embroidery, either into the quilt blocks or to link two scenes together.
Now, this is evening hand work, so it will be a few weeks before I consider the quilting.
I was toying with hand quilting this one as I did enjoy working on the "Stickle" quilt, but there are some rather daunting corners with a lot of material so I'll have to think about it for a while.

In the meantime here is the layout.


There were times I was a little leery of my fabric choices but I think the balance worked out. This is sideways so my shadow didn't fall on the top. The rest are shots moving around the quilt CCW.








No comments:

Post a Comment