Sunday 24 September 2017

Weekend Past with Maggie Vanderweit

What with all that's happening in our house lately, it's taken me a while to process all the information I gleaned from my Natural Dyeing course from Maggie Vanderweit of Stone Threads Studio in Fergus Ontario

www.stonethreads.ca


The new background of this post is one of the jaw dropping pieces I created on Saturday past. While I've dabbled in this for a while, (I like cheap and dirty), there were a few nagging "hows and whys" that I couldn't find the answers to. I have those answers now and can move forward with this 'new' medium to play with colours, my garden and the surrounding countryside.

I had lots of fun with 10 other like-minded ladies. It's a little late in the season and right now my plate is so full, but I will get back to this.

In the meantime here are a couple of my "keepers". I have lots of time to decide how to use this new source of interesting fabric.





No comments:

Post a Comment