Sunday 29 June 2014

Quilting on Georgian Bay

After I got over the initial shock of being dragged up to Georgian Bay, we had a wonderful afternoon and evening catching up with my step-daughter and her husband. I sat up till close to midnight, chatting, enjoying the gentle breezes off the lake and some local wine from a nearby vineyard.  But I was still up with the birds ( and the sun ) around 6 and made the stealth run to Tim Horton's for 4 extra large coffees.
Then, while everyone was still sleeping I worked on 2 blocks for the Dear Jane quilt. It was tough, enjoying the vista and silence of the early morning.

 
 This is block M10. ( I deliberately choose simple blocks to bring with me. I had no idea how functional I might be the next morning.)


I here is block M12 against the lovely view, from the balcony of my son-in-law's cottage.


 
And the dear young man kept me supplied with even MORE coffee. Around 10 we all sat down with Jane and had a lovely breakfast, with a spectacular view.
 
 
 
Then it got HOT and we came home to the AC.

No comments:

Post a Comment