Saturday 21 June 2014

New agers, neo-pagans join the curious to greet summer solstice at Stonehenge | CP24.com

New agers, neo-pagans join the curious to greet summer solstice at Stonehenge | CP24.com



Now I have to admit that this is really off topic, but Stonehenge and the Solstices ( or is that Solstii?) are a weak spot of mine. One of my art pieces that gained some acclaim was inspired by images of the winter solstice. The idea of the longest day always bring s a bit of a sadness to my being, as I face the idea that we are now winding down to winter......really!) And my climbing roses are fading.

But what always disappoints me in these articles is they leave out all reference to dancing in the nude. I think I read too much fantasy. (I also think I'm going in a little stir crazy here. I'm grounded and hubby is enforcing it and I'm going nuts doing nothing, hence this rant!)



I just finished getting out my Dear Jane blocks and putting them on a wall and I discovered I have duplicated 2, and 3 very nice blocks have nothing to do with the Quilt pattern at all!! It's enough to make me want to strip down and go running madly into the field. (Neo-pagan part of me that is)

Sigh. The voice of reason, ( and mosquitos) teaches me patience and humility.

I think I'll go fry my brain in the sun.

With a mojito!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment