Saturday 29 February 2020

Winter Solstice - Day 5

Deciding white was too ordinary for the snow I went with the 'pink' I had bought a few days ago, but I used the wrong side to tame it a bit. At times it's still too pink.
I tried some organza but really didn't like the shine and I found it difficult to control when I tried to layer pieces. After picking out some of yesterday morning's stitching I went with another fabric, blue as originally planned.


The trees and shadows are all still only pinned in place. I'm not sure the 'shadows' have enough presence or whether exaggerating their size/shape might look better.
The trees still need some fudging with paint? and stitching to turn them into individuals.

1 comment:

  1. I smiled when I read 'fudging' - it's what I do ALL the time!!! Pink for snow - I would never have thought of that but wow.

    ReplyDelete