Wednesday 26 February 2020

Winter Solstice - Day 3

I had a false start yesterday.


The image on the paper and the image in my mind hadn't yet merged. Recognizing the limitations of the cotton medium changes the feel of the image, and letting go of the impossible is an important step in my mind.
So I threw all yesterday's efforts with confetti pieces into another container and started over.



Deciding the vegetation/trees were conifers and not deciduous changed the game. The solution came to me while I was driving back from my hair appointment. The small and loose tips of the trees appear black in the early morning light and colour needed to shine through.
After modifying the 'purple shrub' It came together more easily.


All set now for the first round of netting and stitching.



1 comment:

  1. False starts are part of the process - or at least that's what I keep telling myself. Good to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete