Monday 3 February 2020

The Garden - Attaching the Flowers

I could have spent days rearranging the flowers but I decided to go with this version.



Using two darning needles and green nylon thread/yarn I went in under the centres and pushed the needles through from either side. The thread was cut and then loosely tied at the back.
(Oh what joy tying knots blind with a yarn so smooth it's hard to feel...😒)




In some places I had to use pliers to force the dull needles through all the layers.

Once all the flowers are anchored I can take the 'garden' off the frame, flip it over, retie and bury the threads.


And here is the full piece with all the flowers.
They still are loosely anchored. The gaps are destined for foliage.
I'm very pleased with the full coverage.


(Sick of beading!)

1 comment:

  1. Pliers are something I simply can't live without...otherwise my hands hurt too much. I can see why you would need them here. Your flowers are joyful.

    ReplyDelete