Sunday 6 January 2019

Mountain Pine - Catching up

Christmas isn't quite over for our household yet. We have one more round of family this coming weekend.
I'm fortunate in one way that it has been so spread out this year as I spent the week after Christmas in bed with whatever illness caught up with me.
Now that I'm back on my feet, (sort of), I finished the background rocks of the Pine and today placed the first of the trees.

But I have to put it all aside again as I need to finish a present for the weekend and next week is when all 8 pieces of the CQA piece will be brought together.
So I may bounce around for the next few posts.

Here's where I ended this afternoon with our mountain scene.
The first of the trees was made of about twenty separate pieces. That's how this fellow is going to go. More work and much more waste as each branch is truly custom.


No comments:

Post a Comment