Tuesday 8 January 2019

Re working the Otter Brothers

A year has past since I made the original wall hanging and I decided that I would change the cloth otters to needle felted wool.


The cloth left the boys looking rather flat and their coat colours were not as rich as their counter parts in nature.

I wasn't sure of the dimensions of the finished otters. I wanted to pre make the cartoons and then replace the cloth ones with the wool on the same day as I visited with my children. After pictures were taken and sent and then massaged through Photoshop, I had a real life sized pattern to work from.


Once I got started, (after washing and drying some black raw wool) it only took about 6 hours to assemble all 3.






They do seem to have much more personality

So hopefully this weekend I can re work this gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment