Saturday 25 August 2018

Grizzly in the Salmon Stream

I wanted to work on this fellow today........ because he's already haunting my sleep.
There are so many ways to portray water. The issue is to use the method and materials that fit the tone of the piece.

I started out with my tried and true embroidery hoop stitches, looking to make swirls and splash.


It just didn't seen to have enough 'meat'.


I found a great transition using shredded cheesecloth. By taking small pieces, about 3 inches square, and distorting it diagonally, it gave a an unstructured fill.



This will need to be anchored under netting. No surprise there. It allows me to stick in even more unstable materials.


This worked out very well.
There are two colours of cheesecloth here. One pure white, out of the package and the other muddied with grey? blue?





No comments:

Post a Comment