Saturday 18 August 2018

Felted Bears - Plans and Prep

Next week I'm off to a retreat with a small group of lovely women. We meet regularly throughout the years and have challenged and pushed each other to try new things.

This year, I'm not taking a sewing machine. I plan to needle felt.
I have two projects in mind, (just in case I meet road blocks ie. brain dead moments). I expect to switch between the two pieces.

They are both bears. One is a Polar Bear.
I've washed the white fleece I bought earlier this month and prep ed the background so that is ready to go.



The other is a Grizzly.
I came across this wonderful shot posted by the National Geographic Society. What drama here. The bear himself won't present too many issues. Finishing the water will. I've already worked through a number of solutions. But that's a while from now.


I'll take lots of pictures but you've have to wait till next weekend to see how it went.


No comments:

Post a Comment