Wednesday 23 May 2018

Such a Busy Time of Year

Has it really been almost 2 weeks?
After such a long dark winter I guess it was natural to move out into the Spring sunlight and not want to come back into my basement studio.
Some spring gardening chores can't wait so when Nature gives the sign, it's a race again the clock to get things done so that you're not interfering with or damaging the beds. I have very full perennial beds in both sun and shade so there is a lot of baby sitting to do in May.

We also made a couple of forays out into the local woodland trails to catch Spring with my new camera and I did manage to get some wonderful photos without trying. Some of the material will reappear in my art.


Such a show of Trillium this spring.


A few years ago I picked a handful of 'forget me not' s from an abandoned civic area and now I just toss the spring remains into the empty corners knowing they will brighten the day next year.



I thought the tulip bed would be gone in a flash but a spell of cool weather has given them a long show.


 These lovely dwarf iris have a lovely but brief show each year. They only last a day or so.



But the blowsy and cheerful Bleeding Hearts will be around for quite a while. I'll spend part of the summer reining them in again and banishing all their children from various corners of the other beds.

And of course one of the main joys in the garden are the birds. The first of May I put out my feeder and the 3rd of May I received a visit.



I have four feeders but they still squabble all day.
And my year round crowd change their dress for the season .


But with all the feeders I maintain all year I have some other visitors as well. Just a tad messy they are, but still part of the scene.


There are a lot of others but I don't always have my camera within reach. I'll capture them sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment