Wednesday 17 January 2018

FV - Day 6

Almost finished.....(wait for it)........the BACKGROUND.
Yep, that's what this is all about.
I figure I've cut well over 1000 pieces. There are 130 in this picture. (I counted them.)


I've lost count how many times I've sat down and cut up material. At least I wised up and brought the cutting upstairs where it's warmer and sunnier and I can enjoy a hot cup of coffee while I snip.
About half way through all this I remembered my son had gifted me a new pair of scissors, left handed. I had a pair in my youth courtesy my mother who was also left handed, but when the scissor manufacturers smartened up and came out with neutral rounded handles we all switched to the less expensive compromise.

However, left handed scissors have the blades reversed. I found I had to relearn how to cut with them.
By the way, the cutting takes about an hour, the placing and iron setting takes about 5 minutes.


So I have the left side where I want it for now. The violets too, are good now. There is just the upper right corner that needs addressing and then I can turn to the star of the show...? The trees of course!

(Well I may quilt the whole pieces BEFORE I start in on the trees........😀)

No comments:

Post a Comment