Sunday 28 January 2018

BEAR - Preparation

Day 1?
No. I'm not mentally prepared to tackle this yet.


I'm still sorting through the ideas and impressions that I took away from the workshop yesterday.
I slept like a log......and today I have the energy of a log.
I found myself getting confused and frustrated yesterday searching through my fabrics. It was too easy to reject what I had and stroll out into the store (I only bought 2 FQ), so I decided to organize this process.

From this enlargement it's easier to see there were  6+ different fabrics used in this small chest area of the bear.


The picture shows how I divided the photo, roughly, into 4 different colour value areas, each requiring slightly different fabrics. (I showed hubby this morning and after looking at what took me 6+ hrs yesterday, he laughed softly, patted me on the shoulder and walked away, shaking his head.)

I knew before I could continue I had to get organized.

Voila!
I wanted to have a large selection in front of me and ready to work with.
Each pan is supposed to hold a different value.
We'll see how long that lasts.
There are still 10+more FQ to apply the 'steam a seam' to, and then slice into those "painterly" sized pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment