Monday 17 May 2021

Time for New Work

There are a couple of images that are sitting at the back of my mind. Idle brain cycles are spent planning and musing the details, the hows and the materials.

This one has hung around for several years. Love it!


I'm planning a technique I haven't tried.

But on a morning walk along the Eramosa I stumbled across this big fella. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera and by the time I returned with camera and sketch pad his gnarly shape was hidden, softened with a burst of foliage. Not all is lost though. 



I made two sketches trying out a series of indelible pens ranging from a brush to micro nibs.




I'm not a strong water colour artist so I used some Prisma colour water soluble pencils to fill in the foliage.

I just have to stay out of the garden long enough to get started with fabric in my studio and then I know I'll be hooked on one or the other.




No comments:

Post a Comment