Sunday 15 November 2020

Robert's Stag - Stag Placement

If you look back at the other photos it becomes evident that I've given the Stag a different placement each time. In the original photo he was off to one side. Since he was assembled, I've been shifting him around to find the most pleasing spot.

With each day and with more foliage the weight of the background does have an influence on the picture. It's not so mich that I don't need to finish the area under his body as much as his location affects the colour and weight of the remaining foliage.

Today I worked with the cheesecloth, some bits from my leftovers and some from last week. The effect is subtle when all you see is a photo, but in person every branch has a presence.

Some of what was pinned on today is still damp from painting. Tomorrow I can stitch it and add detail.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment