Sunday 8 November 2020

Painting Fabric - Using Up All the Old Paint

 I approached today's painting differently, primarily, as I had no more 'virgin' white material.

Those old and tired pillowcases came to mind and I pulled out the four best and slit them open.

I had decided last night that I would use up all the current paint. The mixed colours were several years old and weren't meant to be stored so long. Some were clumpy and some granular. 

Rooting through boxes I found ALL the unopened packages of cheesecloth in the house.

And ......

Instead of 'painting' I poured!

Some I sponged, and some I smooshed with my hands (definitely need a manicure). After laying these very wet cloths on the damp morning grass, I heavily salted them.

When the four pillow cases were done, I poured more paint on my table and blotted it up with the cheese cloth.

It's always such a surprise when they turn out better than you could imagine.......spectacular.

So the paint is done, all used up.......but I still have plans for this nice weather........







1 comment:

  1. WOW.All of the painted fabric is visually arresting! I am looking forward to seeing how you use it.

    ReplyDelete