Wednesday 12 August 2020

Yesterday I made Echinacea

I played with some pen&ink sketches. The first is a single line rendition. (found on Google) This may come in handy as a quilting motif....?

After completing the second, I started to use water soluble pencil crayons. I quickly discovered I hadn't used a permanent black ink pen for the original sketch. 😖

As I had to severely reduce the water I didn't get the wash that I had hoped for.

(After hubby told me I should have done the washes first..................I threw something............., but then he ordered a box set of black indelible pens for me.........and he bakes bread! 💖)

 After noon I started cutting a lino block. First tracing was misaligned.

Today I went directly for the fabric ink. 

The left is a tentative pass on paper. I figured I don't use enough ink. I adjusted that on the fabric scrap.

And then I couldn't let the paint go to waste, so I re printed two of my favourites. 



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment