Monday 10 August 2020

Revisiting Lino Printing

 I left off late last year knowing I would be back.

I still have some blanks but I decided to change and finish a tree I had started.


I had completed a narrow cut around the whole tree but I decided I wanted an outline so I redrew the edge and left a few mm wide line. Finishing this took the better part of a day. I only jabbed myself once. 😁

Using only the water soluble ink I played with a harder brayer/roller (which hadn't worked for me last year) and one colour. 


Not too bad.

Now what? Cut more linos...or print with what I have.

I need to work with the fabric paints before I start carving much more.

My loose linoleum pieces aren't very satisfactory either as the they curl with washing and age, but I'm not sure I want to spent $$ on the mounted lino, if I can find a way to attach the cuts to wood. 

(I DO have lots of dimension wood pieces in the garage....but that involves a hunt for the saw and probably a worried intervention by hubby who is King of the saw.......even though he can't cut a straight line anymore. I think it has more to do with age than eye site.)

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. this is done on a block of wood? So, one error and you have to start with a new block?? This is quite a lot of work. The tree looks like one I pass on my daily walks:)

    ReplyDelete